There are adornments for almost every body part – rings for fingers, earrings for ears, necklaces and pendants for the neck. And then there is jewelry for the hands, the wrists – bangles and bracelets. While bangles are more or less the exclusive domain of women, bracelets are more universal and unisex in nature.
Bracelets were first made using nothing more than a few stones, shells and bones tied together with a string around the wrist. Over the centuries, bracelets have come a long way. While the original styles still exist in one form or another, newer styles, newer metals, stones and designs have come up to take center stage.
Interesting Trivia: More than any other jewelry item, bracelets have been adopted by major jewelry brands as brand emblems. Metal, leather, as well as many other modern man-made materials feature in bracelets worn by men and women across the globe.
- Women’s Bracelets: In most cases, women’s bracelets are modified forms of bangles. However, while bangles are worn on both wrists, bracelets are meant to be worn on just one. Like men’s bracelets, women’s bracelets also come in a number of different styles and designs. These are far more delicate and stylish than men’s bracelets and can often be studded with diamonds and gemstones.
- Men’s Bracelets: Compared to women’s bracelets, men’s bracelets tend to be slightly heavier, but simpler in design. They may or may not be studded with diamonds and are often made with silver, gold or platinum. Attractive designs and high quality finishing are hallmarks of men’s bracelets.
- Designer Bracelets: These modern day versions of bracelets are quite chic and stylish. They are not necessarily made of metal, but come in a combination of leather, rubber, metal and even diamonds. These bracelets are often customized to represent key theme of individual brands.
- Fitness Bands: Undoubtedly the latest trend in health and fitness, these bands help health enthusiasts track their daily calorie intake and outtake, the steps they have walked and many other fitness related data. Due to advanced technology used to make these bracelets, they are typically made with combination of plastic, rubber or metals and often come in simple less intricate design.
- Magnetic or Health Bracelets: Different from fitness bands, health bracelets are usually magnetic bracelets worn around the wrists. It is believed that the magnetism of the bracelet helps keep illnesses away. Similar to fitness bands, magnetic bracelets are not made for style and generally come in a single format that does not cost too much.
There are of course, many other styles and manners in which bracelets are made and worn.
Hard Fact: Bracelets are perhaps the second most popular jewelry item for men after rings. This makes them different from other jewelry items, which are largely thought about and designed mainly for women.
211 total views, 3 views today